Educational diversity and equity expert Naomi Sigg will explain why many students feel isolated at school and show you how to advocate for the Asian, Pacific Islander, South Asian, and Asian American student communities. You will learn how to build an inclusive population for AAPI month.
What You'll Learn
- What communities are included in the Asian, Pacific Islander, Desi, and Asian American (APIDA) population?
- What are the important historical moments and contributions of APIDA communities in the U.S.?
- What barriers do APIDA students face inside and outside of the classroom?
- How can you define the current context of anti-Asian hate and harassment?
- What skills and strategies can you use to support APIDA students?
- How can you incorporate APIDA programs, resources, and best practices?
- How should your school celebrate AAPI month in May?