Former OCR investigator Brandon Washington will discuss his experiences investigating discrimination and bias in the K-12 environment. You will learn how to identify and eliminate these problems.
What You'll Learn
- What teacher-on-student bias situations often arise in K-12 schools?
- What new techniques can you use to respond to bias?
- How should you handle uncomfortable situations that do not rise to the level of discrimination or harassment?
- How can you identify and check your personal bias?
- What tough conversations around race, equity, and inclusion should you have?